What is included in the dome package?
package may the complete dome framing and sheathing materials with the patented
hub connectors, the extension framing, base wall framing and sheathing and interior
joist hangers, skylights, interior finish triangles, plans and engineers stamps.
Or, you may elect to order only the hub connectors and cutting plans for a do-it-yourself
- How are the framing struts held together?
- There are welded steel "hubs" which are bolted
unto each wood strut.
- How heavy are the framing members?
- The longest board
on a 45' dome is an 8' - 2 x 6.
- How long does it take to frame a dome?
- Typically, a 25' dome can be assembled by one
person in a day. A 45' 5/8ths dome may take two men several days.
The interior framing and extensions will take as long as a conventional home
- Are there special tools or skills required to assemble a dome?
- A framing hammer, a large center punch, a socket
wrench...that's it! The rest of the construction jobs require the appriate
tools such as foundation/cement work, conventional framing, roofing, drywall,
plumbing, wiring, cabinetry and finish work.
- How do you know what parts go where?
- All of the pieces are color coded. Red to
red, white to white and blue to blue. A child could do it and so can
- This page is under construction.
Stay tuned for more ....